Welcome to the future of surgery in Russellville. Saint Mary’s Regional Health System is proud to offer a comprehensive approach to outpatient surgery, combining the convenience and flexibility of same-day surgery with the strength and reliability of a full-service hospital. It’s something we call Saint Mary’s Care, the perfect blend of surgical expertise, patient safety and personal attention. It’s outpatient surgery with your safety, comfort and privacy as our top priority, and you won’t find a better combination anywhere. Saint Mary’s Same Day Surgery 479-964-9376.
Nobody likes to stay in a hospital longer than necessary. The goal of our Saint Mary’s Care in Same Day Services is to make it possible for you to recover from minor procedures in the comfort of your home. After all, isn’t that where you’d rather be?
Some surgical needs do not require overnight stays. The focus of Saint Mary’s Care is not only providing convenience and, in some cases, substantial cost savings, but also earning your trust in our ability to make both surgery and recovery as comfortable as possible.
- All-Private All The Time
- Comprehensive Surgical Specialties
- Skilled Surgical Nursing Care
- Expedited Registration and Discharge
- 24-hr. M.D. Anesthesiology Coverage
- Personal Climate Control Gowns
- Warm Blanket Service
- Reserved Parking
- Post-Procedure Follow-up
- Full-Service Hospital Support
For Your Personal Care Guide click image…
Outpatient procedures, especially same-day surgeries, provide a safe, convenient alternative for many tests and treatments that formerly required an overnight hospital stay. Your physician or health care professional can determine if this is an option for you. Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center offers a wide variety of outpatient procedures that allow you to recover in the comfort of your home. Designed to expedite your care, keep you comfortable and minimize disruptions.
All-Private All The Time
Your privacy is of the utmost importance. Your comfort is of the utmost importance. Upon arriving for your surgical procedure at Saint Mary’s Regional Health System you will find yourself escorted to a private room. There you can prepare for your procedure in comfort and privacy, assisted with the warm, friendly and personal touch of a caring, compassionate staff member. We respect your privacy and will try to alleviate any fears you might have by walking you through every step of the procedure before your surgery. This setting allows our caring and professional staff to be more attentive to your personal needs.
Comprehensive Surgical Specialties
Our highly skilled team of healthcare professionals are dedicated to your health. From the surgeon to the anesthesiologist, from the nurses to the surgical technicians, they utilize caring hands and hearts, and the full complement of technology a full service hospital can offer.
Skilled Surgical Nursing Care
We believe when the patient knows what to expect, he or she will feel less apprehensive. It is important to take the time to keep you well informed. And our skilled professionals will do just that. They are always available to answer any questions you or your family may have. They are part of a complete surgical support system Saint Mary’s has carefully assembled for your care.
- Pre-Procedure Testing
- Lab work
- Patient Assessment/Evaluation
- Patient Registration/Admission
Expedited Registration and Discharge
It is important to us that you and your family feel comfortable and at ease. Pre-registration for your procedure will take place prior to your arrival at Saint Mary’s Regional Health System. That allows you to arrive knowing that less paperwork, and less time will be required for your registration.
Same Day Surgery Preparation Instructions
A consent form for surgery must be signed upon your arrival. For our patients under age 18 a parent or guardian must sign the form. Your arrival time has been arranged so that you may go directly to Same Day Services one hour before surgery. Your temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure will be checked. At this time, any tests ordered by your physician will be also be performed.
For your safety, you will not be permitted to leave Same Day Services alone following the administration of anesthetic drugs. Please make arrangements for someone to drive you home. We strongly recommend that, if you live more than an hour drive from the hospital, you should plan on overnight accommodations near the hospital. If you need help making these arrangements, please contact Same Day Services for assistance. You will be discharged according to your physician’s orders, and our staff will provide you with a list of the doctor’s instructions. The efficiency of the registrar and discharge nurse communication process allows for your discharge to be handled in a timely manner, getting you back home as soon as possible.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to the day of surgery. Take nothing by mouth, including coffee, juice, water, food or medicine, (If you are taking medicine, bring it with you; you may take it after surgery.)
- You may brush your teeth prior to surgery, but do not swallow the liquid.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before surgery.
- If requested, bring an early morning urine sample.
- Someone must accompany you to the hospital to drive home. (Note: If a child is having surgery, two adults must be present, one to drive and one to care for the child.)
- Wear loose fitting, easy to change clothing.
- Perform your usual bathing routine.
- Do not wear fingernail polish or any kind of eye makeup.
- Bring a case for eyeglasses, contact lenses or dentures, if necessary.
- Please bring all insurance claim forms and identification cards, including Medicare/Medicaid.
- Do not bring jewelry or other valuables. The hospital cannot be responsible for their safekeeping.
- We strongly urge that you do not bring children, since they may become restless while waiting.
For More Information Or In Case of Emergencies
If you develop a medical problem, call your physician. If the doctor is not available, call either the Emergency Room at 479-968-6211, or come directly to the hospital’s Emergency Room.
Your surgery may have to be canceled or rescheduled if you eat or drink anything beforehand, or if you have a change in your physical condition, such as a cold, fever, persistent cough or rash. If these or other unforeseen reasons cause you to cancel surgery, please contact Same Day Services and your physician as soon as possible.
24-hr. M.D. Anesthesiology Coverage
You can feel secure knowing that an Anesthesiologist is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Working with your surgeon, you have the support of trained medical professionals during your procedure.
Personal Climate Control Gowns
We’ve got you covered! Personal Climate Control Gowns are provided to our surgical patients to ensure your comfort. Personal attention is an important part of our care.
Warm Blanket Service
The touch and feel of a warm blanket snugly wrapped around you by caring, attentive professionals. We will do everything possible to make your visit as comfortable as possible.
At Saint Mary’s we want your entire experience to be positive. By offering our surgical patients a reserved parking area, we alleviate the worry of finding a parking place, or knowing where to park.
Trained professionals will call you to check on you after your surgical procedure. They’ll ask you if you’ve had any prescriptions filled, or are having any difficulties since your discharge. Our caring and compassionate staff members want you to know that you may have been discharged, but your follow up care is just as important. Let our caring hands reach out to you!
Surgery Instructions for Children
Whether our patient is a child, teen, adult or a senior, our Saint Mary’s Care guidelines apply to all. Babies and young children may wear pajamas to the hospital and bring their favorite toy or blanket, if desired. It is not safe for anyone to care for a child who has had surgery and drive a car at the same time. Please bring another adult to assist you. Be prepared to stay at the hospital until your child is discharged.
Full-Service Hospital Support
Feelings of anxiety prior to any visit to the hospital may be present. But your visit is backed by the support of an entire highly-trained hospital staff. The availability of these resources can alleviate any fears you may experience. Skill and proficiency combined with welcoming hospitality comprise what we call Saint Mary’s Care. Welcome to The Surgery Center at Saint Mary’s.
Perioperative Services encompasses the Same Day Surgery Unit, the operating room, recovery room, endoscopy, infusion unit, preoperative preparation (Access) and sterile processing and decontamination. What that means is an integrated department that is dedicated to both inpatient and outpatient procedures relating to surgeries, endoscopy procedures, and outpatient infusions. Perioperative Services takes pride in the skill, experience and dedication of our physicians and staff as well as in the new facilities. Each department plays a different role in the care of our patients, but all are devoted to making the procedures performed here to be as safe, comfortable and convenient as possible.
- Access – the starting point for many of our patients. Located off the main lobby on the second floor immediately beside admissions, it is convenient for patients to come in and complete any pre-op testing and assessment that might be needed. Utilizing this department helps make the day of the procedure proceed quickly and smoothly
- Same Day Surgery unit – this department is located immediately across from front lobby elevators on the third floor and provides both preoperative and postoperative care for most of the patients utilizing our services. Infusions for outpatients are also carried out here.
- Surgery – Located adjacent to SDS, both outpatient and inpatient procedures are performed there.
- PACU (post anesthesia recovery unit) – Provides care post operatively until the patients are awake and stable enough to transfer to SDS or their rooms.
- Endoscopy – also adjacent to SDS, this unit is fully equipped to diagnose and treat conditions of the GI tract. Bronchoscopies are also performed there.
- Infusion unit – Outpatient intravenous procedures are performed by an experienced staff
- Sterile processing and decontamination unit – Certified staff decontaminates, processes, and sterilizes instruments and other equipment needed for sterile procedures.
All of the departments in perioperative services work together and welcome the opportunity to provide the care and caring necessary for the patients who visit us.
- Pre-Op/Post Op Evaluation
- Nuclear Medicine Procedures
- Stress Testing
- Endoscopy Procedures
- Infusion Therapy
- Surgical Procedures
- Radiological Procedures including CAT and MRI
All with you in mind. Compassionate care with privacy, access and comfort.
For more information on Saint Mary’s Care in Same Day Services or a referral, call 479-964-9376.