Saint Mary’s ICU Waiting Room 479-964-9451
Intensive Care provides seriously or critically ill patients with intensive monitoring. Life or organ support provisions may also be necessary.
Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center’s Medical/Surgical Intensive Care Unit is equipped with renovated rooms and a spacious nurses station that oversees each ICU bed at all times. Each room is fully equipped to monitor and respond to the needs of the critical care patient. When intensive caring is essential, Saint Mary’s Regional Health System provides the skilled nursing staff to provide close observation of cardiac and intensive care patients. Unit nurses have advanced training in cardiac and critical care as well as advanced cardiac life support (ACLS and CPR).
Because patients in the ICU need very specialized care, Saint Mary’s has established specific visitation policies to best benefit patients and to facilitate the administration of quality care. Our primary objective is to maintain an environment that promotes quick recovery. These policies and procedures are in place to help patients and their families work with our doctors, nurses, and staff for the best outcome.
Saint Mary’s policy includes establishing patient password for family members. Before visiting the ICU, family members should understand the following:
- Please ring the bell to request admittance to the MSICU.
- Do not plan to visit between between 6: 30 and 7:30 am, and 6:30 and 7:30 pm.
- Be prepared to provide your password for patient privacy. Please understand that no information may be given without the patient’s consent.
- No one under the age of 13 is permitted.
- Do not use your mobile phone or take photos or videos of patients or members of the staff
- Do not visit if you are unwell. Do not visit if you have a fever, cough or diarrhea.
- We ask that you keep noise levels to a minimum. You will be asked to leave if you are disruptive.
- If there is an emergency or a procedure in process, we may ask you to leave the MSICU temporarily or to not visit at that time.
Additional information may be posted in the Intensive Care Waiting Room on the fourth floor. This waiting room is open at all times for family members who wish to be near loved ones. Saint Mary’s Volunteer Auxiliary and staff are there to lend assistance in any way they can.