by Patricia Spears
Saint Mary’s Regional Health System presented a volunteer auxiliary installation and service awards ceremony last week to honor those who volunteer at the hospital.
Jim Davidson, CEO, welcomed volunteers and guests. Entertainment was provided by Arkansas Tech University Men’s Sinfonian Chorus.
During the ceremony, volunteers were given a pin marking the number of hours served. Delphine Zydzik carried the most number of hours volunteered at 7,100 hours. Other volunteers pinned included:
• 50 hours — Adrianna Cuevas, Eddie Elmore and Norma Wallace.
• 100 hours — Donna Landers, Donna Przybys and Barbara Stokes.
• 200 hours — Bob Eshleman, Dylan Hudson and Fern Tucker.
• 300 hours — Amparo Bartlett, Lynn “LJ” Faaborg, Vicki High and Linda Jones.
• 400 hours — Carol Shoptaw.
• 500 hours — Patricia Arnold, Sheila Gosnell, Irma Jackson, Mickey Jay, Bob Kuras and Carole Woodman.
• 600 hours — Perri Jean Morhar and Wanda Minyard.
• 700 hours — Verna Daniel.
• 900 hours — Kathy Palmer, Leo Patterson and George Stensland.
• 1,000 hours — Karen Castleberry, Dixie Cook and George Reed.
• 1,200 hours — Jean Flowers, Lynette Price, John Przybys, Wanda Reed, Diana Stensland and Mary Lou Wilkinson.
• 1,400 hours — Dianne Henry and Pat Housdan.
• 1,800 hours — Gary Jay.
• 2,300 hours — Evelyn Denton and Janet Thurber.
• 2,500 hours — Sharyn French and Kathryn Kinsey.
• 5,000 hours — Barbara Boeh and Dale Boeh.
The ceremony closed with the installation of the 2017-18 officers by Davidson: Carol Shoptaw, president; Barbara Boeh, vice president; Wanda Reed, secretary; and Sharyn French, treasurer.
For more information about the volunteers of the hospital or how to become a volunteer, contact human resources at 479-968-2841 or visit www.saintmarysregional.com/community/volunteering.